Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So Blessed

My little boy,

This is the last letter I will write to you before I see your face. We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon (Tuesday) and you're going to be helped along on Thursday morning (April 7) if I don't go into labor on my own tomorrow. The doctor thinks it's best that you not stay in there past 42 weeks. I'm a little nervous about going the medical intervention route to get you here, but at the end of the day I really just care that you and I are happy, healthy, and home together with daddy. We are so excited to become a family of three!
Mommy at 41 weeks, five days pregnant
I have been praying a lot for your delivery to be as healthy and non-eventful as this pregnancy. Our cousin Christy shared a Bible verse with me the other day that has brought me a lot of peace while we wait for you. I recite it at night as I fall asleep and it has helped ease my fears and remind me that this isn't in my hands.

Psalm 130: "I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."

I have put my trust in God and know He's looking out for us -- you'll be in my arms before I know it. I can't wait to meet you.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Missy said...

Okay I got a little damp in the eyes from that one. Very sweet Hillary. Baby O is very blessed to have you and Morgan for parents.

Jenny said...

You look amazing! Good luck tomorrow (or today)! It's crazy, raw, and mind-blowing- but entirely worth it! Can't wait to see pics of the little man!