Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's and Nurseries ...

Happy New Year's Eve!

There's something about the fresh start of January 1 that always puts me in a good mood. I am so excited for 2011 and can't wait for what the year has in store. I hope you're all looking forward to turning the calendar forward, too.

Since our little boy will be here before we know it, Morgan and I thought we should get started on his nursery. We ventured to IKEA this week, where we picked up the Leksvik crib and changing table to match a dresser and some bookcases that we already owned.

We decided to keep the paint color neutral and brighten the room up with colorful prints and fabric. My lovely and talented friend, Michelle, is making our bedding, which I can't wait to show you in once she's finished. Her Bundle Bean children's line is awesome -- please check it out!

Here's what we've done so far, but there's still a long way to go with the decorating.

The alphabet wall hanging that my Grandma N. made me when I was a little girl. This always was one of my favorite decorations growing up.
New changing table to match the existing dresser.
The crib, with one of the four Peek-a-Boo prints by Yuko Lau that we purchased from First Art Source.
Morgan's confirmation blanket -- although he received this in eighth grade, the print definitely says "baby." We think it looks great in the room.
Morgan's stuffed animal collection. He finally has someone to share it with!
My very favorite book as a child, The Sesame Street Dictionary. I was beyond excited to find it still in print, exactly as a I remembered. This is the first thing I've bought for the baby.
The rocking chair, where I anticipate we'll be spending many an hour.

6 comments:

jenny goodman said...

Cuter than cute! I love that your favorite book is still exactly as you remember it. A lot of toys that I've purchased for the day care are ones that I remember...except they are totally different now. Even My Little Ponies. Sigh.

Leslie said...

Are you going to pretend to be the Swedish chef for your little boy? I just love that you have those key special pieces from both of your childhoods to share with him. He is one lucky babe!

Missy said...

I love it when a nursery comes together with meaningful pieces. How cool. He'll be here before we know it!!! Love the Bundle Bean, glad you pointed that out.

Emily said...

You guys are on top if it - Baby O's room is darling! And I can't wait to see the baby bedding Michelle is making. And I especially can't wait to see the baby in the baby bedding in his new crib... March can't get here fast enough!

Jamie said...

How fitting that your first book was a dictionary. I love it! The room is looking great, but where will I sleep when I visit? Kidding, of course :)

Bridgett said...

Aw, so cute! I miss those baby days but I look forward to you sharing your little one and all of your new adventures together. The room is darling.