Friday, June 25, 2010

Puppies and Cocktails

We watched this cute little pup a couple weeks ago while our good friends were in Hawaii. She was a lot fun -- I love being greeted with over-the-top excitement when I come home each day -- but both Morgan and I were jealous being stuck in the freezing Seattle Summer of Gloom, complete with grey skies and contstant drizzle.
To make us feel better, I whipped up a batch of whole-fruit cocktails to sip while we watched a movie on Saturday afternoon. They were delish and we *almost* felt like we were back in Maui. Not quite, but almost!

Strawberry Pina Coladas
1/2 cup water
2 oz. Malibu Rum
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen pineapple

Add ingredients to blender in order listed and blend until smooth.
Cheers!

6 comments:

Bridgett said...

Oh my goodness! These sound perfectly refreshing. Pass me a glass!

Jenny said...

Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to try them out once I get this baby out of my belly!

Barbie said...

Wow! That is one cute dog. Although I guess you could say I'm a little biased. Thanks, guys!

Emily said...

You had me at puppies and cocktails ... two of my favorite things! I'm starting a list for next time I visit the Omdal abode. 1.) Tropical Cocktails, 2.) Sorbet, 3.) ...

Jamie said...

It doesn't get much better than puppies and cocktails. What a cute pup!

Megan My Day said...

The puppy is so cute and these happen to be two of my favorite things!