Friday, October 9, 2009

I left my heart at the farmer's market

Farmer's market season is winding to a close in the Seattle area, which makes me very sad because I didn't visit nearly as many (make that none, to be exact) as I intended this summer. Since last weekend marked the second to last at the Woodinville, Wash. location, I decided to spend some time there with my friend Rebecca on Saturday.
The weather was gorgeous and the woman working the Classic Kettle Korn booth couldn't have been nicer. She invited me to take some close-ups of the corn when she found out I was just there to have fun with my camera. I also picked up some phenomenal $5 flowers (I still can't get over the amazingly low price) and the last pint of fresh blueberries I will probably enjoy for many, many chilly months. That's OK, though, onto the squash and root vegetables!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Incredible pictures! You're become a very talented photographer! You could frame these and sell them .... in face we need some art for our guest rooms. :o)

Missy said...

I'm extremely impressed by that $5 bouquet.

Rebecca said...

That "Rebecca" you mention sounds really fabulous. Not at all like someone who would chase you around the corn stand at a farmer's market with a chainsaw.

Hillary said...

Actually, I think her name was Mary, not Rebecca. She's the nice one.