Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crab hands, ewwww!

We cracked 10 more crab last night. It was the last of the bunch we caught on Saturday night. Now we have about 14 cups of lump crab meat in our freezer!

Oh, the possibilities …

The only downfall is that I don’t want to even think about crab for at least two weeks because I can’t get the smell off my hands and it’s totally grossing me out. I tried toothpaste, lemon juice mixed with black pepper and a Wonder Bar. Everything helped a little, but it’s still there. I hope no one gets close enough to me at the office to notice.

5 comments:

Emily said...

That's hard work! I know the smelly feeling... I made salmon burgers last week (and I am not talented at removing the skin, so I really have to get into it)and I smelled like salmon for at least two days. Yuck.

KS said...

Hillary! Cooking secrets are my FAVORITE -- thanks!

Pragya said...

I can understand! same thing happened to me last month but it was fish..... now I just hate that fishy smell...!

I m new here plz visit mine... and plz leave a comment..

http://apoembyashypoet.blogspot.com/

missy said...

Wash your hands with a big glob of toothpaste to get rid of lingering odors. I read it in one of the gazillion home and garden mags my mom has subscribed me to.

Hillary said...

Toothpaste was one of the many things I tried. It succeeded in making my hands smell like minty-fresh crab!! ;-)